Whip up pan pizza in 30 minutes: The easy, no‑yeast recipe perfect for busy lifestyles
This dish is a fantastic option for college students seeking simple and affordable meals they can make in a limited dorm kitchen. It's also applicable for people leading busy lives with no time to spare. While pan pizza may not be a direct replicate of what you get in an Italian restaurant, it contains everything we love from a basic pizza.
An easy pan pizza recipe with no yeast or kneading required
Pan pizza is an ideal meal for those with limited time but who still desire interesting dinner or supper options. You can whip it up in less than 30 minutes, without waiting for the dough to rise or needing to knead extensively. Preparing pan pizza is simple, quick, and most importantly - delicious.
The base for a pan pizza can be prepared as easily as spreading butter on a roll, and it doesn't get much more complex from there. You have the freedom to create a sauce following the recipe below or toss in your own mix of flavors. Don't forget to top it off with cheese as we suggest, in this recipe's simplest version. However, feel free to add a bit of sautéed mushrooms or chicken for extra taste.
Recipe for pan pizza
- About 3.5 ounces of wheat flour,
- Approximately 1.4 ounces of grated yellow cheese,
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil,
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder,
- Salt, pepper,
- Dried basil, oregano,
- Approximately 1.7 ounces of warm water.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, add a pinch of salt, a bit of oil, and gradually start adding hot water until the dough is pliable.
- Form the dough into a thin layer (previously dusted with flour) to fit the size of your pan.
- Lightly grease the pan with a bit of oil and heat it over medium fire. Place the dough in the pan and fry for about 5 minutes until it lightly browns.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce: Mix ketchup with crushed garlic, pepper, basil, and oregano.
- Once the dough is browned on one side, flip it and evenly spread the prepared sauce over it, and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover the pan and continue frying the pizza for another 5 minutes, until the bottom is brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately after cooking.