Unlock the secret of perfect pizza: the Italian trick for soft, elastic dough
The foundation of a successful Italian feast is the pizza dough. It functions as the bedrock where the flavors of your preferred toppings take root. However, the secret to producing the most excellent dough lies within its texture, softness, and flexibility. Discover this unique Italian secret that will make your pizza perfect every single time.
Preparing the Perfect Pizza Dough
Pizza dough is among the key elements of this culinary masterpiece. Its right consistency is a necessity for success. But what gives the dough its softness and elasticity?
An Italian friend of mine revealed a secret to me. To make the pizza dough elastic and soft, it should be stretched using our hands, not a rolling pin. In this fashion, the dough won't tear, and it will result in a more compact structure. While this may appear evident, quite a few of us roll out the dough, assuming it won't make any difference - a significant error.
- About 0.9 oz of fresh yeast,
- Half a teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 cup of wheat flour,
- A pinch of salt,
- 1 tablespoon of oil,
- 2/3 cup of warm water.
- To begin, I prepare the yeast. I remove the fresh yeast from the refrigerator and dissolve it in warm water. I then add two tablespoons of flour and a pinch of sugar, stir it thoroughly and let it rise.
- Next, I proceed to prepare the dough. I sift the flour, blend it with salt, make a hollow in the middle, and pour the prepared yeast in it.
- I then add oil to the yeast, combine all the ingredients, and knead the dough using my hands.
- I place the prepared dough in a bowl, cover it with a cloth, and leave it to rise.
- Once the dough has risen, I transfer it onto a pastry board for a bit more kneading.
- Subsequently, I split it into two balls and cover them again with a cloth.
- I oil two baking molds and distribute the dough balls into the molds.
- To finish, I apply the pizza sauce, arrange my favorite toppings, and place it in an oven preheated to 482 degrees F, baking the pizza for around 15 minutes.
Excellent Toppings for Pizza
The greatest advantage of pizza lies in its adaptability. It is possible to experiment with a range of ingredients such as veggies, meat, fish, cheese, mushrooms, cold cuts, shellfish, or even fruit. It is worthwhile to consider sauces like tomato, garlic, or olive oil as well. In the end, your creativity and palate determine your pizza's toppings.