Surprise your guests with a scrumptious chicken, pineapple, and nut salad: A quick and budget-friendly recipe that promises to impress
The salad we're introducing today is unique. It's perfect as a complement to your standard Sunday dinner and a special treat for parties. It's guaranteed to impress your guests, so be prepared. More than one person will likely ask for the recipe.
If you're under the impression that such an exceptional salad would require you to break the bank or spend excessive time in preparation, think again. This salad practically prepares itself; the most time-consuming part is boiling the chicken. It doesn't get much simpler than that. We can't recommend this recipe highly enough. It's already been a proven success for us, and now we're eager to share it with you. It's well worth a try!
Chicken, Pineapple, and Nut Salad
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 14 oz chicken breast,
- 1 tablespoon of chicken spice,
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 can of pineapple,
- A few tablespoons of canned corn,
- A handful of walnuts,
- 3.5 oz cubed yellow cheese,
- Pepper, salt,
- Dill or parsley for garnish.
- Clean the chicken breast, cut it into cubes and cook. Drain the pineapple from the syrup and cut it into smaller pieces. Grate the yellow cheese and hard-boil eggs. Chop the walnuts and cut the dill or parsley. Drain the corn. Now, all that's left is assembling the salad.
- The salad can be presented in two ways. Either mix all the ingredients together or layer them. For a party, the layered style is preferable. Here's the method:
- Firstly, arrange the cooked and spiced chicken in a salad bowl. Top it with mayonnaise and then a layer of pineapple. Next comes the grated cheese, corn, and another spread of mayonnaise. For ease, consider putting the sauce into a pastry bag as this will prevent disturbing the layers beneath.
- On top, layer the grated eggs and nuts. Garnish with dill or parsley. Enjoy your meal!