Savour crispy fish without guilt: the only recipe you need for a healthy feast
Fish, with a few notable exceptions, are the epitomes of health. Dieticians and World Health Organization specialists advise that we incorporate fish into our diets at least twice a week for optimum health. This way, our bodies can benefit from easily absorbed proteins, vitamins and healthy fats from fish.
One of our favourite ways to enjoy fish is when it's fried in batter. Do you feel the same way? It's not surprising if you do. The crunchiness of the golden crust that reveals delicate, tender fish meat underneath is irresistible. However, it's a hard truth that it's also one of the least healthy ways to prepare fish.
It was heartening to discover that there's a way to eat and have our cake, too. Yes, it's possible to prepare fish in batter healthily. The secret is your oven. Interested? Let's get started!
Baking Fish in Batter
- Fillets of your favourite fish (about 1.5 lbs),
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan,
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs,
- A bit of grated lemon zest,
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil,
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish according to your liking and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, olive oil, grated lemon zest, and finely chopped parsley in a dish. Use this mixture to coat the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 392 degrees with the fan on. Prepare the baking tray with baking paper and place your breaded fish pieces on it. Transfer the tray to the preheated oven.
- Bake for fifteen minutes, then remove the tray. Serve the fish with your favourite sides. And voila! A healthy dinner in no time. Bon appétit!