Meet your new favorite appetizer: An innovative twist on traditional beetroot salad
Let me take you on a culinary journey with a unique twist on the classic beet salad. The standard beetroot flakes are replaced here by beets prepared in two different ways, revolutionizing the flavor of the traditional recipe. Experience an unexpected blend of textures and intense flavors in this unusual recipe. This "combined" beet salad may become the star of your regular menu. It is a perfect accompaniment to meat dishes and makes an exceptional appetizer for any occasion.
Beets in the kitchen: A fresh take on tradition
Beets offer much more versatility in the kitchen than one might expect. A beet salad, with beets cooked in two different ways, is a revelation to the taste buds. Not only will your dishes become more diverse, but you will also delight your friends and family with this unusual and delicious culinary creation.
The perfect balance of flavors: Pickled and roasted beets
Pickling beets requires more time, but the flavor payoff is worth the investment. Start by placing the beets in sourdough for red borscht. After a few days, you'll have slightly sour, ready-to-use vegetables. Paired with sweet, roasted beets, this combination strikes a perfect balance. After roasting and cooling the beets, grate them using a coarse grater to create an appealing texture for the salad.
Recipe for roasted and pickled beet salad
- 3 roasted beets,
- 2 pickled beets from the sourdough,
- 2 large cloves of garlic,
- 1 tablespoon of any cold-pressed oil (or regular),
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup,
- 2 tablespoons of apple or wine vinegar,
- Salt to taste,
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds.
- Start by baking the beets. These should be cut into thicker slices, drizzled with oil, and then grated on a coarse grater after cooling.
- Next, dice the sourdough pickled beets. Mix the oil, ketchup, and vinegar in a mug to prepare a smooth sauce.
- Combine both types of beets with the prepared sauce in a bowl. If desired, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt and serve immediately.