Embrace a healthier lifestyle: Dr. Joel Fuhrman advocates for nutritious anti-cancer soup
The rise of doctors' profiles on the internet has seen a significant upswing in recent years. Many utilize this platform to disseminate their expertise and enlighten patients. One such crucial figure is Dr. Joel Fuhrman, a family medicine practitioner, nutritionist, and researcher. He indites books and offers guidance on adopting a healthy lifestyle incorporating a nourishing diet. His anti-cancer soup recipe is a standout that has gained popularity globally.
The role of diet in health
A balanced diet is crucial to cancer prevention, but it's not the only determinant. Reducing cancer risk also involves regular medical check-ups, physical activity, healthy lifestyle, and abstaining from substance abuse.
Indeed, we can't alter all risk factors for cancer, such as genetic predisposition or environmental influences. Nonetheless, by adopting a healthy lifestyle, we can effectively reduce this disease's risk.
Dr. Fuhrman's Anti-Cancer Soup Recipe
Vegetable soup is a rich source of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, all of which can bolster the immune system. Consequently, the body is more capable of warding off infections and other diseases, including cancer.
- 1 cup of beans (preferably mung)
- 4 medium onions
- 4 cups of water
- 6 medium-sized zucchinis
- 3 leeks
- 9 ounces of fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups of fresh carrot juice
- 2 cups of celery juice
- 1 cup of walnuts or cashews
- 2 sprigs of kale
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- Drain and cook the beans in a large pot.
- Remove the kale stems, chop the leaves, and add them to the cooked beans.
- Add onions, sliced leeks, and diced zucchini.
- Cook everything for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend the cooked vegetables, a scoop of broth, and half of the nuts until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pot with the remaining broth.
- Add celery and carrot juices along with the finely chopped remaining nuts.
- Include the chopped mushrooms and cook for another 15 minutes. You can use oyster mushrooms, shimeji, or white button mushrooms.
- Garnish the soup with parsley before serving.