Beyond porridge: A tasty guide to making crunchy savory oat patties
Many oatmeal recipes suggest making oat pancakes, oat griddlecakes, or crepes. These dishes are typically served as sweet breakfast options. If these do not interest you or you're not enthusiastic about consuming oatmeal, these savory and crunchy oat patties might change your mind. They offer a completely different taste experience.
Not in the mood for porridge? Try crunchy oat patties
Oat patties make an excellent meatless side dish for lunch. Try serving them with your favorite salad and warm sauce like a mushroom or herb dressing or a garlic dip. Everyone will love them. These patties also serve as a clever method to incorporate oatmeal into your diet if you aren't keen on its porridge form. Plus, oat patties are diet-friendly, so you can enjoy them guilt-free.
Feel free to season the oat patties according to your preference. We suggest a basic set of seasonings, but be sure to add your favorite flavors for an extra kick. To make the patties more flavorful and colorful, consider adding things like grated carrots, sautéed mushrooms or zucchini, or roasted peppers. Don't forget to include fresh herbs for a refreshing taste.
Simple and savory oatmeal patties recipe
- 7 oz of oat flakes,
- 0.7 oz of semolina,
- 1 onion,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- Ground sweet pepper,
- Salt and pepper,
- 2 eggs,
- A few leaves of parsley,
- Breadcrumbs for breading,
- Canola oil for frying.
- Boil the oat flakes in 6.7 fl oz of water until they've absorbed all the liquid, resulting in a thick consistency.
- Dice the onion and fry it in a heated pan until golden. Meanwhile, add the garlic (crushed in a garlic press).
- Combine the cooked oatmeal with the onion, eggs, and semolina, then add the spices and finely chopped parsley.
- Mix everything until well combined. Then, form flat patties from the mixture, roll them in breadcrumbs, and fry them in heated oil on both sides.